A Few Program Highlights
- An easy way to position the ball, hands, stance and posture.
- Learning the fundamentals of the golf swing which lead to consistency.
- How to align the clubface to the target for straight shots.
- Learning the etiquette of the game so not to be embarrassed in the company of your peers.
- Some basic rules and terms used in scoring, eg: birdie, bogie …
- The use of each club in the set. How to go between the different clubs and not duff the shot.
- Proper way to use the driver. It’s not the same as the irons!
- Using a simple easy to understand chipping/pitching method.
- Putting. We’ll show you a simple way to be a very good putter in a short period of time.
- Recommendations on what clubs to purchase and where to play.
Profile of a beginner golfer
Beginner Clinics are for those who are just getting started and would like to get a good taste of what golf is all about. These golfers have never touched a club before. They have no training and no past experiences. These players want to learn enough basics to not be embarrassed at the company tournament or with friends. Players with any past golfing experiences are recommended to take Intermediate clinics or private lessons for best results.
Beginner Program Includes
- 5 hours of instruction with Gary Kent.
- Approx. 4-6 people per class.
- 3 of the classes will take place inside the dome.
- Note: Dates won’t change due to bad weather. We will move inside the dome. No wind, rain, scorching sun or bugs will interrupt our lessons now! Especially in May and June.
- Everyone in the clinics has their own hitting area.
- If you have your own clubs, please bring them. If not, we will supply clubs to be used. No charge.
- Classes always start on time.
- Unlimited balls for the lesson.
- Make up dates are available if you need to miss a class, but must be completed by the end of the season.
How to Enroll – $159 + HST
- Decide which Date and Time slot you would like from the chart below.
- STEP 1 Scroll down to the Enroll Now box and quickly get your name in. We will pencil it in until you can secure it with payment, or call 416 402 7171 to enroll & pay now.
- STEP 2 Payment Options – (Players paid 1st will SECURE their spots for this program.) Drop off a CHEQUE or CASH to Gary when he is teaching at the Dome, or use Visa, MasterCard or American Express over the phone (anytime) with Gary at 416 402 7171. Do not send payments in the mail.
- Text Gary at 416 402 7171 if wanting to send E-Transfer for payment.
- If your clinic starts within the next 5 days, you MUST enroll by phone ASAP.
Lessons held at the Markham Golf Dome, 150 Burncrest Rd. Markham Ontario See Map
2018 Starting Dates and Times
Each program runs for five consecutive weeks. No classes on long weekend Sundays (postpone one week.)
If you have a suggestion for a clinic date that is not mentioned here. Send me a note and I will try to organize one for you. Most of the time it can be arranged.
|April 7||Saturdays||11:00am to 12:00pm|
|April 7||Saturdays||12:00pm to 1:00pm|
|April 9||Mondays||6:30pm to 7:30pm|
|April 9||Mondays||7:30pm to 8:30pm|
|April 9||Mondays||8:30pm to 9:30pm|
|April 17||Tuesdays||7:30pm to 8:30pm|
|April 29||Sundays||11:00am to 12:00pm|
|April 29||Sundays||12:00pm to 1:00pm|
|May 1||Tuesdays||8:30pm to 9:30pm|
|May 12||Saturdays||2:00pm to 3:00pm|
|May 22||Tuesdays||7:30pm to 8:30pm|
|May 27||Sundays||1:00pm to 2:00pm|
|May 28||Mondays||6:30pm to 7:30pm|
|May 28||Mondays||7:30pm to 8:30pm|
|May 28||Mondays||8:30pm to 9:30pm|
|May 30||Wednesdays||10:00am to 11:00pm|
|May 31||Thursdays||7:30pm to 8:30pm|
|May 31||Thursdays||8:30pm to 9:30pm|
|June 2||Saturdays||11:00am to 12:00pm|
|June 2||Saturdays||12:00pm to 1:00pm|
|July 5||Thursdays||7:30pm to 8:30pm|
|July 13||Fridays||10:00am to 11:00am|
|Aug 9||Thursdays||7:30pm to 8:30pm|
Enroll now! (Step 1 of 2)
I had lessons from both Gary and Kyle at Scarborough Family Golf. They made the lessons a lot of fun while being very informative, positive and constructive. Thanks for all the training.
When I took my first lessons from Gary, I had never swung a club. He made it fun for me to learn and I am definitely not a natural. Gary is patient and good humored. He is able to tailor his instructions to the individual so that even in a group, you are getting “private” lessons. I am amazed at my progress and will be signing up for another session with Gary.